CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

How To Lead A Focussed Life


Story of my life, really?! Maybe even so for many of us.

How many of us have complained that there simply isn't enough time in the 24 hours we have each day to fulfill all our obligations? I know I certainly have.

And, we all know that if we're not careful with our priorities and time management, the probability of getting stressed out from all these "important" activities is high.

Taking myself as an example, these past few weeks has seen me up to my eyeballs literally with one commitment or another - every one of which seems ridiculously "important"! Which is one reason that I've not updated this blog for some time....

But then, as dumb as it may sound, how does one figure out how much enough or isn't? Where does one draw the line? It seems only a thin line divides these two extremes.

Then, as seems to be the norm in my life, I stumble upon something that makes sense. I got this email from the Daily Good website. It talked about this book review by David Myers, on the book "Rapt" by Winifred Gallagher.

According to David, the author has some answers on how to live a "focussed life" today, with all its complications. This statement caught my attention:

Quote: "She cites Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, at Claremont Graduate University, who argues that between the anxiety of being overwhelmed (and stressed) and the apathy of being underwhelmed (and bored) lies a zone of engagement in which people experience "flow." He arrived at the flow concept after studying artists who spent hour after hour painting or sculpting, working as if nothing else mattered".

Just these couple of lines tell me how much the book is worth. But hey, don't take my word for it!

Read the complete review here.

To get the book, go here.



0 comments: